How to claim your VAT exemption:
1) Fill out the form below. You need to fill out a new form for every VAT claim.
2) Once you have received your wig and decide to keep it, email VAT@daxbourne.com or call 0207 357 9908 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, quoting your order number and stating clearly that you intend to keep the style(s).
3) We will then refund your VAT
Eligibility Declaration for VAT Exemption
You are only be able to have Wigs VAT-free if they are for your personal use. You do not need to be registered disabled or eligible for any other benefit to qualify for VAT-free goods You must have a medical condition to be eligible under the HMRC category of “chronically sick or disabled”.
For VAT purposes, the term ‘chronically sick or disabled’ does not include a person who’s only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, for example someone who’s elderly but is not chronically sick or disabled.
- You do not have to pay VAT when you buy wigs due to a medical condition, i.e. alopecia, whilst undergoing chemotherapy treatment.
- VAT-free only applies to Wigs.
- VAT can only be refunded after the goods are despatched.
- For any queries about your VAT refund please email VAT@DAXBOURNE.COM and quote your order number
There are penalties for making false declarations. If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive goods or services zero-rated for VAT you should consult Notice 701/7 VAT reliefs for disabled/ Chronically Ill people or contact the National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000 before signing the declaration.